Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY Household Cleaners

Cleaning products are expensive, and often aren't nearly as impressive as they'd have you believe. That's why I make my own cleaners. All of the recipes for household cleaners I found online were for at least a gallon of cleaner, and didn't contain as much bacteria-killing ingredients as I'd like. I'm a little paranoid about germs. So, I messed around until I came up with my own, that'll fit in small (8oz) bottles. You can make more, just use the same ratio of ingredients.

Window/Mirror Cleaner

1 cup alcohol
1 tbsp baking soda
 (Yes, that's really all.)

Bathroom Cleaner

1/3 cup bleach
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup baking soda
1 tbsp laundry detergent (with NO ammonia)

All Purpose Cleaner

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
A couple drops of dish soap

It's really that easy! And these all work very well. You can use the all purpose cleaner mixed with a bit of hydrogen peroxide for carpet stains, too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment